The Genomics Shared Resource serves as a hub for consultation and scientific interaction relating to nucleic acid-based methods. It provides expertise and support to insure the best possible outcomes for genomic related projects. The Facility supports several state-of-the-art platforms for a wide variety of nucleic acid-based studies, including massively parallel sequencing as well as routine capillary sequencing. The Facility also supports transcriptomic projects including RNA-seq, ChIP-Seq, methylation (MeDIP), small RNA-seq and targeted sequencing. In addition, we support gene expression studies using Quant-seq(3’ RNA-seq) and low input sequencing for most applications. Single cell-seq is supported by the Wafergen ICell 8 MSND system. Additional platforms for targeted gene expression studies include the nanoString platform supporting all custom or commercially available applications. We also provide SNP genotyping using TaqMan assays, microsatellite analyses and C.bovis assays. RNA/DNA isolations from various types of samples, including FFPE are also provided. Consultation and assistance with experimental design and for the development of custom services are encouraged.
- Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing (NextSeq 500 and Hi-Seq2000)
- Gene Expression Analysis: Lexogen QuantSeq 3’ mRNA-Seq library prep kit is used to generate Illumina compatible libraries.
- Transcriptome analysis applications: RNA-seq, RNA-IPseq, small RNA-seq
- Genome sequencing
- MeDIP and hMeDIP
- Exome and Amplicon sequencing
- nanoString nCounter platform
- Multiplexed digital quantification of nucleic acids without sample amplification
- Applications for gene expression, single cell, miRNA, IncRNA, CNV and CHIP/RIP projects
- Single-cell analysis system
- MultiSample NanoDispenser (MSND) deposits nanoliter volumes of cells and reagents into the ICELL8 Chip in a temperature and humidity controlled environment
- MSND is capable of dispensing 8 unique samples evenly across the chip
- Capillary DNA sequencing and 16-panel microsatellite analysis
- C. bovis Detection
- DNA and RNA isolation from cells, tissue, blood and FFPE samples
Equipment & Features
- Illumina NextSeq 500
- WaferGen iCell8 Single Cell Analysis System
- NanoString nCounter Analysis System
- ABI 3130xl
- Covaris High Performance Ultrasonicator
- GE Healthcare Bioscience ImageQuant LAS4010
- Agilent TapeStation
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer
For pricing information, visit iLab or contact the managing director.
This facility is supported in part by a Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) awarded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) to The Wistar Institute Cancer Center.
Louise C. Showe, Ph.D.
Sonali Majumdar, M.S.
Shashi Bala, Ph.D.
Associate Wistar Scientist
Illumina/Next Gen Sequencing
Tran Nguyen, M.S.
Research Assistant IV
ABI DNA Sequencing and Microsatellite Analysis
Sandy Widura, B.S.
Research Assistant II