The Histotechnology Shared Resource provides services for fixing, processing and paraffin or OCT-embedding of all types of tissues for light microscopy (e.g. routine stains, immunohistochemistry or in situ hybridization). The Facility staff performs routine hematoxylin, eosin staining, immunochemistry and FISH staining, as well as specialized staining and slide preparation for immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization. Frozen sectioning is also available, including consultation regarding freezing and fixing techniques to optimize experimental results.
- Processing, embedding, sectioning, and histochemical staining of specimens
- Paraffin and frozen sectioning are routinely available for light microscopy and in situ hybridization
- Tissue preparation for DNA/RNA extraction
- Various histochemical staining procedures are performed, including those required for neuropathology
- Special procedures and staining protocols
- Consultation regarding freezing and fixing techniques and immunohistochemistry staining techniques
- Thermo cryostar NX50
- Thermo Excelsior AS tissue processor
- Dakewe auto stainer
- Dakewe coverslipping machine
- TissueTek embedding center
- Thermo HM355S microtome
- Biocare Intellipath IHC stainer
For pricing information, visit iLab or contact the managing director.
The Wistar Institute
Daniel Claiborne, Ph.D.
Scientific Director of the Histotechnology Facility
Fangping Chen, HT (ASCP)