Translational Research Management Facility
The mission of the Translational Research core facility is to support Wistar Cancer Center (WCC) investigators in planning, conducting and reporting ethical and innovative research based on human subjects by:
• Supporting the development of research partnerships between WCC investigators, clinical cancer care providers and cancer patients.
• Providing free and fee-for-service tools to facilitate and standardize the exchange of clinical and research-derived information.
• Facilitating research compliance with ethical and regulatory mandates.
See a comprehensive definition of translational research.
The Translational Research core facility provides WCC investigators and their clinical partners with:
• Access to our proprietary electronic data management system (CDETweb Toolbox) for secure data entry, storage and reporting, in compliance with 21-CFR, HIPPA and other regulatory mandates. Access to CDET follows two models:
• The basic CDETweb®core toolset is available to WCC Investigators free of charge, and supports the centralized collection and reporting of limited demographic, clinical and sample-related information.
• Bespoke customizations are available on a cost-recovery basis to support complex clinical trial schedules (e.g.: single and multi-arm, randomized etc.) and advanced tools (e.g. bulk data uploads, eligibility checks, file management, etc.)
• Support for data extractions and quality Management (QA/QC) activities, such as bespoke database queries and reports for individual investigators, projects, IRB protocols, etc.
• Support for the preparation of grant applications, clinical study protocols and data management plans.