Gene Editing Institute Partnership
Wistar and the Gene Editing Institute at Christiana Care’s Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute have entered into an agreement that expands the historic partnership and aims to accelerate breakthrough cancer research in the human genome. In this partnership, the Gene Editing Institute (GEI) has been integrated into Wistar’s Molecular Screening Shared Resource, allowing its innovative gene editing technologies to be made available to research projects at Wistar researchers and others in the research community. Led by Eric B. Kmiec, Ph.D., the GEI will work directly with your research group in the design, synthesis and optimization of gene editing tools (CRISPR/Cas9, TALENs, etc.) that can be used across a wide array of biomedical applications.
Below are GEI services available for your research on a fee-for-service basis. Consultation with Dr. Eric Kmiec and the Gene Editing Institute team is free for Wistar researchers.
To get started or request more information, contact Dr. Eric Kmiec and the Gene Editing Institute team at email@example.com, or by phone at 302-623-0628.
- Gene Knockout: CRISPR/Cas9; TALENs (per pair)
- Gene Editing (single base pair): CRISPR/Cas9 - ssDNA donor; TALENs (per pair) – ssDNA donor
- Gene Regulation: Repression by CRISPR/dCas9; repression by TALE; activation by CRISPR/dCas9
- Creation of knock-out clonal mammalian cell line
- Creation of point-mutation clonal mammalian cell line
- Multiplex knock-out clonal mammalian cell line
- Gene knock-out in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Insertion of eGFP reporter gene regulated by native promotor: endogenous fluorescent readout of normal gene expression/activation
- Allelic analyses of targeted gene-edited loci
- Other custom projects
Click here to read the full announcement.