Wistar joins the American Association for Cancer Research and many other organizations in raising awareness on the importance of cancer research.
In 2018, the world saw more than 18 million new cases and 9.5 million cancer-related deaths*.
Research advances are critically needed to better understand cancer and create more effective therapies to provide hope for patients.
Basic discoveries are the foundations for future medicines. Scientists at the Wistar Institute Cancer Center keep pushing the limits of cancer research to uncover new mechanisms that allow cancer to grow and spread in the body and can be targeted to create new treatment approaches.
Read the blogs below to learn what they’ve been up to in the past year:
- Latest Wistar Discoveries: Fine-tuning Vaccine Delivery in Preclinical Models to Advance MERS DNA Vaccine Candidate and Discovering New Targets for Cancer Therapy
- A Gene That Shields Our Skin From the Damages of UV Rays
- Latest Wistar Discoveries
- Stress Can Activate Neutrophils, a Type of Immune Cells, to Reawaken Dormant Tumor Cells and Trigger Cancer Recurrence
- Wistar Science Highlights: New Discoveries on HIV Latency and How Cancer Cells Talk With Their Neighboring Normal Cells
- New Research Highlights a Rare Gene Mutation Linked to Cancer Risk in the Ashkenazi Jewish Population
*Source: International Agency for Research on Cancer