The mission of the Philadelphia Drug Discovery Forum is to bring together drug discovery scientists from academia, bio-pharma industry and government to present and discuss their non-proprietary research. We have a common vested interest in identifying new targets, developing assays, and synthesizing new chemical entities for use as biological probes and, ultimately, new drug therapeutics. The forum serves as a platform for networking, initiating and sustaining collaborations within the community.
Below is a list of talks for this month's PDDF event:
- “What the hERG happened to Cardiovascular Safety Assessment?”
- George P. Thomas, M.Sc., Ph.D., Vice President, Preclinical Safety and Sr. Director, Safety Pharmacology, Calvert Laboratories, Inc.
- “Cardiac Safety During Drug Development: Key Cardiac Assessments During Clinical Trials”
- Robert Kleiman, M.D., ERT VP Global Cardiology and Chief Medical Officer
- “Safety Pharmacology: The past, present and future of preclinical cardiotoxicity assessment”
- Khuram Chaudhary, Ph.D., Scientific Director, Research Fellow, GlaxoSmithKline - Safety Pharmacology
The Wistar Institute
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19104