The Wistar Institute is hosting a special exhibition of the 20 winning images from the 2019 Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition. The collection offers a glimpse into a world that most have never seen - the intersection of art and science as viewed through the lens of a microscope. Wistar is the only venue in the region to showcase the exhibition.
This event is free and open to the public. You can view the exhibition at Wistar Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., February 3 to April 10, 2020.
Opening Reception Details
6:00 – 8:00 pm - Nikon Small World Exhibit Viewing
Opportunities at Wistar’s opening reception include:
• Top 20 honoree images on view,
• A feature wall of 15 high-definition TV screens projecting 2019 Nikon Small World in Motion winners and Photomicrography Competition winners,
• A hands-on microscope demonstration by Wistar scientists,
• A self-guided tour of cell photographs created by Wistar scientists and other pieces of Wistar history, and
• Brief talks by Teresa Zgoda & Teresa Kugler, 1st place winnners, James E. Hayden, Wistar Imaging Facility managing director, and Eric Flem, Nikon Instruments Inc. communications manager.
The Wistar Institute
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104