The Wistar Institute is hosting a special exhibition of the 20 winning images from the 2019 Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition. The collection offers a glimpse into a world that most have never seen - the intersection of art and science as viewed through the lens of a microscope. Wistar is the only venue in the region to showcase the exhibition.
This event is free and open to the public.
Opening Reception Details
6:00 – 8:00 pm - Nikon Small World Exhibit Viewing
Opportunities at Wistar’s opening reception include:
• Top 20 honoree images on view,
• A feature wall of 15 high-definition TV screens projecting 2019 Nikon Small World in Motion winners and Photomicrography Competition winners,
• A hands-on microscope demonstration by Wistar scientists,
• A self-guided tour of cell photographs created by Wistar scientists and other pieces of Wistar history, and
• Brief talks by Teresa Zgoda & Teresa Kugler, 1st place winnners, James E. Hayden, Wistar Imaging Facility managing director, and Eric Flem, Nikon Instruments Inc. communications manager.
The Wistar Institute
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104